Who is eligible for The University of Texas at Austin Staff Service Awards Program?
- Classified and Administrative and Professional (Code 1000) staff assigned 20 hours or more per week.
- Current Faculty members who hold an active staff job title of at least 20 hours or more per week and have accumulated at least 10 years of staff service time.
What service is counted for the Staff Service Awards?
- Prior to September 1, 2001, service with any University of Texas System institution is included.
Note: Service earned at other State agencies/institutions is not included in calculating award eligibility, regardless of when it was earned.
- Beginning September 1, 2001, only University of Texas at Austin service is included.
- Time in a student title does not count towards staff service award time.
- One month of service is given for each month or fraction of a month of an active assignment of 20 hours per week or more in an eligible title.
- Must be currently assigned at 50% time or more in an eligible title, or have retired after May 31, 2018.
- Eligible service is computed through May 31, 2019.
- All service time is counted for Faculty members with an active staff assignment of at least 20 hours per week and at least 10 years of staff service.
- For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.