Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Services
The Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Office promotes the resolution of workplace disputes at the lowest level possible using alternative dispute resolution and collaborative processes. In a neutral, confidential setting conflicts are resolved in a positive and constructive manner for all staff.
What we offer...
- Confidential consultations for university staff at all levels
- Neutral resolution of workplace conflicts
- Customized training for groups and departments
- Individual and group coaching and mentoring
- Management of the university grievance policy
How we can help…
- Mediate departmental issues
- Smooth reorganization transitions
- Design clear performance plans
- Early intervention prior to discipline
- Informal and formal mediations
- Resolve performance appraisal and corrective action disputes
- Listen impartially to staff concerns
- Personality conflict mediation
- Team building and relationship repair
- Career development coaching
- Management best practices guidance
- Effective communication training
- Assistance with harassment, bullying, discrimination, and retaliation
- Draft/edit rebuttals
- Answer policy and compliance questions
- And more…
Call or email to set up an appointment!
Don’t wait until a situation or conflict has become toxic. We welcome early and continued contact with managers and staff, so we can work together in a preemptive and effective manner.
The DRO seeks to promote a fair and interest-based conflict management system through the alternative dispute resolution process under the Grievance Policy, mediation, conflict and communication coaching and training.
- Dispute Resolution Process and Grievance Procedure - A fair and efficient process for you to present and resolve certain complaints
- Conflict Management Services - Facilitation, mediation, consultation, coaching, and training
- Problem Solving Information and Tips - Learn your predominant conflict style and gain a better understanding of how our personal conflict style impacts other people.
- Conflict Management Bibliography [PDF] - Read more about how to handle conflict in the workplace; understand aspects of communication that reduce conflict such as managing emotions and having difficult conversations; and learn more about mediation, negotiation, and facilitation skills.