New Employee Welcome and Orientation Registration
The New Employee Welcome and Orientation, hosted by Human Resources (HR), is a one-stop-shop that provides your new employees with a comprehensive introduction to employment and benefits at The University of Texas at Austin. As a manager, you may register all your new permanent, benefits-eligible staff, faculty or graduate-student employees to attend the New Employee Welcome and Orientation on their first day of employment and help them to complete many items on the New Employee Checklist. We encourage you to assist your new employees with all of this.
- Finalize your new employee's HRMS assignment
- In order for your new employees to fully benefit from the New Employee Welcome and Orientation session, please verify that their assignment is in “Active” status.
- In order to remain compliant with the federal law, the I-9 form must be completed within the first 3 days of employment. If the new employee does not attend orientation during the first 3 days, please complete the I-9 in your office.
- Register your new employees for a new employee orientation session through UTLearn (EID required)
- Your new employees must have a final approved HRMS assignment with a start date of up to 30 days in the future prior to registering them for a New Employee Welcome and Orientation (NEWO) session.
- If you are a manager/supervisor enrolling a direct report for NEWO:
- Use the search feature in the upper right-hand corner, type in "New employee" and select "PN 1000 - New Employee Welcome and Orientation"
- Select the session you'd like to assign to your new employee and click "Assign"
- Check the box that says "Automatically Register Users," and select your employee, and click "Submit"
- If you are responsible for enrolling employees in your department:
- Remind your new employees to bring the following items to their orientation session
- Identity and employment eligibility documents to complete the electronic I-9.
- Information about family members to be included in insurance coverage (spouse/dependents), including names, Social Security numbers, and dates of birth
- Beneficiary information, including name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth
- Their job title FLSA status, exempt or non-exempt
- Please have your employee bring a sack lunch and/or snack and refreshment.
- Coffee, hot tea, and water provided
- Vending machines with sodas and snacks available
- If your employee will be going on the “Campus Walking Tour” have them:
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- BRING a sack lunch and/or snack and refreshment.
- If parked at NOA, (Speedway or 27th Street Garage), you can take the Forty Acres (FA) bus route back.
- Pick up at Harry Ransom Center (HRC) and exit at Dean Keaton and University Avenue.
- Provide the following information to your new employees before they attend their orientation session
- When: Monday, except holidays, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (plan to arrive a few minutes before session begins)
- Where: North Office A Building (NOA), room 4.106
101 E. 27th St, at the corner of 27th and Wichita, northeast of the Student Services Building
- Parking: Parking is available for those attending the new employee orientation at the 27th Street Parking Garage (TSG) or the Speedway Garage (SWG). Departments can make arrangements for their new employees through Parking and Transportation Services with the purchase of one-use garage cards. PTS will charge $8 per one-use card. They can be reached at (512) 475-7275 or email@example.com.