Starting May 13, you will notice an updated benefits enrollment experience when you log into your My UT Benefits portal, which is managed by the UT System Office of Employee Benefits.
What this means for you:
You will continue to have access to view your insurance coverage in the new My UT Benefits portal but will notice a different look and feel. You will no longer be able to view your insurance coverage in Workday. However, you will be able to continue viewing your retirement plan enrollment in Workday. To see current and complete benefits costs, go to the My UT Benefits portal.
While Human Resources and Payroll Services work hard to ensure insurance and retirement coverage is effective and applied correctly, there are occasionally situations where retro premiums will be owed by the employee and attempted to be collected on the next available paycheck. Employees are responsible for paying for their coverage whether it is deducted via payroll or not. Visit the Payroll Services website for more information.
Actions you need to take:
Log in and Check Your Benefits and Premiums
Follow these instructions to login to your My UT Benefits. While logged in, check for any issues or discrepancies. Any discrepancies must be reported to the HR Service Center within 31 days of your June 1, 2020 paycheck.
Log Out Properly
In order to completely log out of your My UT Benefits, you must close the entire browser window. Closing your browser tab will not effectively log you out. If you do not close your entire browser window, you will not be logged out of the system.
Change your coverage due to a life event
For life events such as birth, marriage, or divorce, you will be able to make corresponding changes to your benefits elections within 31 days of the event.
Select benefits during Annual Enrollment
From July 15-31, you can review current benefits and available benefits options and make changes to your current coverage using the updated My UT Benefits portal.
Other changes you may notice:
- With the launch of the new My UT Benefits portal, you can begin viewing your current and complete benefits costs in the new portal.
- The My UT Benefits portal will periodically be down for maintenance and updates. May 17 will be the first maintenance window. You will notice maintenance announcements when you log in to the system.
Questions or Concerns:
If you need assistance navigating the system, contact the My UT Benefits support line.
- Phone Number: 1-844-870-0044
- Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have questions about benefits or premiums, contact UT Austin’s Human Resources Service Center
- Main Phone Number: 512-471-HRSC (4772) or toll-free 1-800-687-4178
- Main E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed the last Wednesday of the month from 3-4 p.m.)