As a manager, you'll review and approve your employees’ timesheets either online or on paper if your employees don't have electronic timesheets.
Weekly timesheets are created and approved in the Time Report System.
Before an employee can complete Time Reports, the following items must be in place:
- HRMS Position ID must be in a time reporting group on *DEFINE EG1.
- HRMS assignment must be final approved.
- Upgraded UT EID (a.k.a. High Assurance EID).
- Paycheck Profile must be complete.
- Wait overnight. Once the above items are in place, the employee can begin timesheets the following day.
Resources for Hourly Employee Time Reports
The following resources are available specifically for hourly employees, signers, supervisors, and timekeepers who are new to electronic timesheets and payroll processing for hourly employees.
- Employee Instructions for Hourly Timesheets (PDF)
- Signer/Supervisor Instructions for Hourly Timesheets (PDF)
- Hourly Time Report System Training for Timekeepers (archived presentation [mediasite]) [EID required] (handout PDF)
- Hourly Payroll System Training for OV1 Processors (archived presentation [mediasite]) [EID required] (handout PDF)
Employees are required to complete timesheets electronically, with the exception of faculty, teaching assistants, graduate research assistants, and assistant instructors.
Student employees in academic titles other than TA, GRA, AI should be assigned on an hourly basis wherever possible and complete an hourly electronic timesheet. When it is necessary to assign an academic student employee on a monthly basis, such as for tuition remission processing, the paper timesheet below may be used.
Employee types not listed in the exceptions above may only use paper timesheets with Human Resources approval.