About Us | Contact Us | Search HR
Human Resources

Student Non-Academic Employment > Student Employee > HR Home

Student Non-Academic Employment

These are the student non-academic job titles:

The compensation rates for student non-academic job titles are established each year by Human Resources. With the exception of H&F Resident Assistants and Camp Resident Assistants, all employees in student non-academic positions must be paid on an hourly basis.

If you have questions about your job title or your assignment, please contact the HR representative in the department where you work. Your hiring department may impose requirements and limits that are more restrictive than those discussed on this page.

Type of Work

Conditions for Student Non-Academic Employment

Enrollment and Age Requirements

Assignments, Hours of Work, and Timesheets

Benefits and Dismissal

Finding a Student Non-Academic Job on Campus

Many non-academic positions for students are listed in the Hire a Longhorn job bank. However, on-campus student positions generally are filled at the department level, so we suggest you also check with the department where you’d like to work. The department may list open positions on its website or on bulletin boards located near the department’s administrative offices. Other resources are listed on the Finding a Student Job page.