At The University of Texas at Austin, students make up an important and valued part of our workforce. The resources below will provide you with important information about student employment at the university.
Celebrate Our Student Employees!
Celebrate student employees through the President’s Student Employee of the Year Award and National Student Employee Appreciation Week: April 10th-16th, 2022
Student Employee Excellence Development (SEED) Program
If you're a student working for UT Austin, we have a professional development program just for you! The SEED Program provides student employees a chance to earn a Student Employee Excellence Certification by attending free, one-hour workshops.
Checklists and Important Dates
- New Student Employee Checklist
- Supervisor’s Checklist for Hiring a New Student Employee
- Student Employment Dates, Fall 2022 (PDF)
- Student Employment Dates, Spring 2023 (PDF)
Answers to Common Questions
- Student Employment Questions and Answers
- Overview of Enrollment Requirements for Student Job Titles (PDF)
- Summary of University Limits on Student Work Hours (PDF)
Donate to the Student Employee Recognition Program
Student Employee of the Year
We are pleased to recognize Tanvi Ingle as the recipient of the 2021-2022 President’s Student Employee of the Year Award. Tanvi is a Biochemistry Major in the College of Natural Sciences and works as an Undergraduate Research Assistant with the COVID-19 Modeling Consortium.