In addition to the Quick Links on this page, here are some additional resources to help you as an employee of the university.
- New Student Employee Checklist — steps to be taken once you’ve been hired.
- Employee Instructions for Hourly Timesheets (PDF)
- Fill-out My Timesheets — link to electronic timekeeping
Other Campus Resources
- Student Guide to Work-Study — describes the federal work-study program and answers questions about how the program works.
- International Student and Scholar Services — administers programs to assist international students.
- Student Health Services and Insurance — information about student health insurance.
- Student OASI (FICA) Exemption — information about a tax exemption that may be available for student employees.
- Student Ombudsperson — describes services offered by the Office of the Student Ombuds.
- IRS Tax Information for Students — information about income taxation of student earnings.
- IRS Information on the Affordable Care Act — questions and answers about the individual shared responsibility rules for health insurance.
Resources for Departmental Staff
In addition to the Quick Links on this page, here are some additional resources to help address your questions about student employment.
- Supervisor's Checklist for Hiring a New Student Employee — steps to be taken from the time the hiring decision is made through the student employee’s first day of work.
- Overview of Enrollment Requirements for Student Job Titles (PDF) — summary of the number of hours required for a student to be eligible for employment.
- Summary of University Limits on Student Work hours (PDF) — overview of the number of hours per week a student employee may work.
- Time Reports — guidelines for managing your employees' paper or electronic timesheets.
- Student Employee Separation Process (PDF) — overview of steps involved in separating a student employee.
- Student Employment Dates, Summer 2017 (PDF) — timeline of important dates relating to student employment.
HRMS and Processing Guidance
- Human Resource Management System (HMRS) — general information and resources relating to the HRMS system.
- HRMS Help — detailed explanation of HRMS processes and position management.
- Preparing Appointment Documents — information from the Graduate School about processing academic appointments for graduate student positions.
Other Campus Resources
- Work-Study Policies — information from Office of Financial Aid for on-campus employers of students with federal work-study awards.
- Hire A Longhorn — information for employers about the various services Hire a Longhorn provides.
- International Student and Scholar Services — information for departments working with international students.
- Graduate Coordinator Network — valuable resources on all aspects of working with graduate student employees.