Thorough recruiting and hiring practices help reduce turnover and ensure that the university is staffed with productive employees. The following resources guide you through various steps of the hiring process to help you find and hire the right employees.
- UT Talent Acquisition - SmartHire and UTemps
- SmartHire – Need assistance with hiring for high level and hard to fill positions? Let SmartHire handle the details.
- UTemps – Not ready or able to hire a permanent employee? Find temporary staffing solutions through UTemps.
- Post Positions and Recruit – Get started by posting a position and recruiting.
- Form a Selection Panel – Learn how to form a selection panel and develop a selection matrix.
- Interview – Find out how to interview and select the best employee for the job.
- Check References – Read details about when and how to check references.
- Hire – Now that you have found the employee you want, learn how to complete the hiring process.
Separation from Employment
- Separation Process – Follow this guide to separating employees from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Leave Payment – Ensure separating employees receive payments for their accrued leave.