Welcome to UTemps, the temporary placement service of the University of Texas at Austin. We’re pleased to have you on our team of on-call workers providing the best in temporary services to the university. The following information will be helpful in understanding your role as a UTemp.
1. Required Compliance Training
Must be completed on the first day of your first assignment and every two years after that.
- CW 101 Introduction to the Compliance & Ethics Program
- CW 121 Sexual Misconduct Prevention
- CW 123 Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- CW 170 Information Security Awareness
- These modules are available in UTLearn, located under “My Transcripts” or via the search bar at the top right corner.
- The sexual harassment and EEO modules are mandated by the state and the remaining modules are required by the university.
- Please notify the UTemps office upon completion.
2. Paycheck Information
Check distribution-currently there are two ways to receive your UTemp payroll check:
- Direct deposit (recommended) - You will need your bank account information to complete this option.
- Pick up in person - Your check will be available on the check release date (see Timesheet/Payday Schedule) in the Main Building (Payroll Office). Their office hours are 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Be sure to have a picture ID with you.
*This must be completed in full to receive your paycheck.
Follow the steps below to complete your paycheck profile
- Log on to “My Paycheck Profile” using your EID and password.
- Complete the following:
- My Paycheck Profile
- My Personal Data
- My Withholding
- My Employee Addresses—J5600 is the campus mail code. Building name and room number are not required.
- My Paycheck Distribution
- My Bank Info
Duo Security Enhancements
Duo is a two factor authentication tool used to provide security. “My W-2” and “My Paycheck Distribution” require Duo to protect employee’s payroll data. To access these pages, log in with your UT EID and password. You must have access to a mobile device with text messaging/SMS capability (or you can download the Duo app) to authenticate your identity. For more information on Duo, please visit the ITS Website. If you need further assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Alternative options are available to employees who cannot use Duo. You can change your paycheck distribution or bank information by completing the Payroll Services Employee Information (PSEI).
Direct your questions about UTemps payroll checks to the UTemps office, not payroll services.
3. Acknowledge the Ethics Statement:
- Read and acknowledge the Standards of Conduct and Political Activities online (EID required).
4. UT System Worker’s Compensation Insurance Health Care Network Notification:
- Read and acknowledge the Worker’s Compensation Network Acknowledgement Form online (EID required).
5. Selective Service Eligibility:
- If you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25, complete the Selective Service Eligibility and Verification online. For more information, see the Selective Service Registration Frequently Asked Questions page.
6. Employee Information:
Please email the UTemps office every Monday to provide your availability. The UTemps office will contact you by phone and/or email when you are selected for a temporary position.
Keep us informed
We need to be able to reach you during regular working hours in order to improve your opportunities for an assignment. If your phone number and/or email changes for any reason or for any length of time, please contact us immediately.
If your status on your temp assignment changes, in particular your projected ending date, you must inform the UTemps Office immediately.
For questions, please e-mail us.
As a UTemp, you are eligible to purchase a UT “A” parking permit.Of course, this doesn’t mean that you’re guaranteed parking. But it does allow you to park on any surface lot on campus marked “A” OR parking marked as available to any valid university permit. A map is available online showing those areas where you’re allowed to park with an “A” permit.
How Can I Get The Parking Permit?
A UTemp that has an active/current assignment can purchase an “A” permit.
You can obtain one from any of the garages listed below (garages are open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F, except the Conference Center, which is open 24 hours a day):
- Trinity (PTS main office) – 1815 Trinity Street
- Brazos – 210 E. MLK Blvd.
- Speedway – 105 E. 27th Street
- Manor – 2017 Robert Dedman
- Conference Center – 1900 University Ave.
Go to the cashier’s window and identify yourself as a UTemp and that you wish to purchase a temporary parking permit. They accept cash, personal checks, and major credit cards. “A” permits are sold monthly and cost $13.00/month.
What Do I Do When My Permit Is Set To Expire?
You are responsible for obtaining a new parking permit prior to its expiration. Parking permits can be purchased and renewed at any of the garages listed above. However, you must have a current or future assignment to obtain a parking permit.
The University Police Department will issue parking tickets for expired permits and/or if you are not parked in the correct parking lot (must be an “A” parking lot). It is up to YOU to stay up on the expiration date.
You must complete a timesheet at the end of each week. You will be paid semi-monthly. Please see pay schedule below for pay day dates and timesheet due dates.
You are responsible for ensuring that your timesheets are submitted no later than the date specified in the table below. Timesheets arriving after the due date cannot be processed until the next payroll.
Access your electronic hourly timesheet report home page at:
- You will be required to log in using your UTEID/Password.
- Select the specific week (the start of the week is from Monday to Sunday).
- Enter hours worked and notes as needed.
- Select “Save and send to signer”, then “Submit Request”.
Timesheet / Payday Schedule
|Month / Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Payday|
|September 1-15||Monday, September 18, 2017||September 22, 2017|
|September 16-30||Monday, October 2, 2017||October 6, 2017|
|October 1-15||Monday, October 16, 2017||October 20, 2017|
|October 16-31||Wednesday, November 1, 2017||November 7, 2017|
|November 1-15||Thursday, November 16, 2017 **Due by 1 p.m.**||November 21, 2017|
|November 16-30||Friday, December 1, 2017||December 7, 2017|
|December 1-15||Monday, December 18, 2017 **Due by 1 p.m.**||December 20, 2017|
|December 16-31||Tuesday, January 2, 2018||January 8, 2018|
|January 1-15||Tuesday, January 16, 2018||January 22, 2018|
|January 16-31||Thursday, February 1, 2018||February 7, 2018|
|February 1-15||Friday, February 16, 2018||February 22, 2018|
|February 16-28||Thursday, March 1, 2018||March 7, 2018|
|March 1-15||Friday, March 16, 2018||March 22, 2018|
|March 16-31||Monday, April 2, 2018||April 6, 2018|
|April 1-15||Monday, April 16, 2018||April 20, 2018|
|April 16-30||Tuesday, May 1, 2018||May 7, 2018|
|May 1-15||Wednesday, May 16, 2018||May 22, 2018|
|May 16-31||Friday, June 1, 2018||June 7, 2018|
|June 1-15||Monday, June 18, 2018||June 22, 2018|
|June 16-30||Monday, July 2, 2018||July 9, 2018|
|July 1-15||Monday, July 16, 2018||July 20, 2018|
|July 16-31||Wednesday, August 1, 2018||August 7, 2018|
|August 1-15||Thursday, August 16, 2018||August 22, 2018|
|August 16-31||Tuesday, September 4, 2018 **Due by 1 p.m.**||September 6, 2018|
|Month / Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Payday|
|September 1-15||Monday, September 17, 2018||September 21, 2018|
|September 16-30||Monday, October 1, 2018||October 5, 2018|
**Please note due dates with a 1 p.m. deadline. Timesheets submitted after 1 p.m. will not be accepted.
It is the objective of UTemps to place highly qualified individuals into temporary assignments. To assess work performance and suitability for future assignments, an evaluation form is sent to the departmental supervisor. This evaluation will be kept for reference to determine qualifications for future assignments.
UTemps are eligible for the following:
Staff “A” parking permit, jury duty, time off to vote, military leave (without pay), unemployment compensation insurance and overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week with prior approval (at time and one-half).
UTemps are not eligible for the university’s group insurance, promotion/transfer programs, holiday pay, and sick leave, paid vacation or other regular employee benefits.