On behalf of The University of Texas at Austin, welcome! This webpage is designed to provide you with information to help you transition into your life as a university employee.
Live Steam NEWO
- NEWO: (New Employee Welcome Orientation) will be live streamed on Monday, March 30, 2020 from 9 a.m. - noon and participants can view the livestream by clicking the following link using Adobe Connect: https://meeting.austin.utexas.edu/newo/
- Employees do NOT need to register through UT Learn to view the live stream orientation held on March 30, 2020.
- Participants will be able to ask and answer questions during the livestream presentation.
- If one is unable to view the livestream on Monday, it will be recorded and uploaded to UT Learn by mid-week next week.
- Anyone who was recently hired and have been unable to attend a NEWO session is encouraged to attend.
New Employee Welcome and Orientation (NEWO)
We strongly encourage you to view the New Employee Welcome and Orientation on your first day of work.
New Employee Checklist
This checklist shows you everything you need to take care of your first day, first week and first month of employment. Attend the New Employee Orientation to get a head start!
New Employee Resources
Read about insurance, retirement, time off and other benefits and services available to you. You can also check out a list of important online resources for completing many necessary employee functions (timesheets, paycheck information, etc.).
Transfer of Prior State Service Credit and Leave Balances
Because annual leave and longevity pay are based on state service, it's important that you make sure your state service record is complete and correct. Use this resource to find out how to confirm your prior state service credit and leave balances.