Reporting to Occupational Health Program
In order to slow the spread of communicable diseases like COVID-19, monkeypox, tuberculosis and others, employees and managers should report to OHP as soon as possible.
OHP will provide public health guidance, review leave options, and establish return to work criteria with impacted employees.
Visit the OHP website for more information.
Employee Leave for COVID-19 and Monkeypox
Employees who have exhausted their leave but have tested positive for COVID-19 or Monkeypox are automatically eligible for the sick leave pool. Employees should report their positive test results to OHP immediately for guidance.
Throughout fall 2022, the university will continue to make testing accessible by providing rapid antigen self-test kits at distribution sites throughout campus. Staff, faculty and students can receive up to four at a time. You are encouraged to keep a supply of COVID self-test kits in your residence so that you have them available when you need them. Look for the Healthyhorns QR code sticker on the self-test kits provided by the university that links to important information related to testing.
As a reminder, COVID self-test kits are also available for free through the federal government, and coverage is available under the UT SELECT prescription drug program for FDA-approved COVID-19 self-test kits at no cost to members. Staff and faculty members can also test at a local pharmacy or can contact their primary care provider.
Telemedicine, Telecounseling, and Self-Care
- Employees and graduate students with Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BC/BS TX) UT Select or Academic Blue health insurance can access:
- Employees can access video counseling services through the Employee Assistance Program at https://eap.utexas.edu
Employee Teleworking and Remote Work
- Those whose positions accommodate remote work should contact their supervisor for guidance on flexible work arrangements and teleworking options.
- More information about Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) can be found on the FWA Page
- Consider the use of online technology tools for meetings and events
- See additional tools and resources for online work and remote collaboration (PDF)
- The ITS Help Desk is available via remote options