Reporting to Occupational Health Program
In order to slow the spread of communicable diseases like COVID-19, monkeypox, tuberculosis and others, employees and managers should report to OHP as soon as possible.
OHP will provide public health guidance, review leave options, and establish return to work criteria with impacted employees.
Faculty and staff who test positive to COVID-19 no longer need to report to OHP unless they have questions about isolation protocols or need guidance on when to return to work. COVID-19 is no longer an automatic qualifying condition for sick leave pool—if you are applying for sick leave pool, you will need to meet the catastrophic qualifying conditions applicable for all applicants.
Visit the OHP website for more information.
Vaccinations, Testing, and Communicable Disease Information
To find out more about vaccinations, testing, and university policies related to communicable diseases like COVID-19, monkeypox, tuberculosis, and others, please visit the healthyhorns website.
Due to decreasing demand for testing, the university will discontinue distribution of free COVID-19 self-test kits at the end 2022. Students can continue to access testing through an appointment at University Health Services. Faculty, Staff and Students may continue to obtain self-test kits at area pharmacies and other retailers, and health insurance plans cover the cost of up to eight self-test kits per month for those who are insured. Free self-test kits are also available through the City of Austin’s Austin Neighborhood Centers.
Telemedicine, Telecounseling, and Self-Care
- Employees and graduate students with Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BC/BS TX) UT Select or Academic Blue health insurance can access:
- Employees can access video counseling services through the Employee Assistance Program at https://eap.utexas.edu
Employee Teleworking and Remote Work
- Those whose positions accommodate remote work should contact their supervisor for guidance on flexible work arrangements and teleworking options.
- More information about Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) can be found on the FWA Page
- Consider the use of online technology tools for meetings and events
- See additional tools and resources for online work and remote collaboration (PDF)
- The ITS Help Desk is available via remote options