In response to impacts from COVID-19, the university is experiencing a pause in hiring for certain university recruitment efforts. We have not established a timeline for when we will resume normal hiring activities. If an open/vacant position moves forward when normal hiring returns, qualified candidates selected for interview will be notified. If you find an open job posting in which you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
The university provides an online job search and application process for regular, non-academic employment as well as for our in-house temporary service, UTemps.
Completing your Application
Dependent upon your affiliation with the university you will need to take different steps to apply for jobs.
If you are a current employee or contingent worker and you apply through the external site, the Hiring Manager/Recruiter will NOT be able to move your application forward. Instead, your application will be canceled and you will be asked to reapply through the internal job posting site.
Former employees, former contingent workers and individuals who have never worked for the university will apply through the external job posting site. Here are the steps to create your candidate profile in Workday.
- Apply > Click orange “Apply” button
- Enter Email and Password or click Create an Account
- Create an Account > Follow prompt for email and password
- Password must include:
- alphabetic character
- lowercase character
- numeric character
- special character
- minimum of 8 characters
- Password must include:
- Quick Apply > Applicant will start the process of applying by uploading their resume.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants must upload a resume in order to be considered for employment.
- After your resume file has been uploaded, click Next
- My Information > This section pre-populates from uploaded resume attachment (verify for accuracy); complete the missing sections.
- My Experience > This section pre-populates from uploaded resume attachment (verify for accuracy).
- IMPORTANT: Scroll to the bottom of the page, this is where you will find a second Upload section.
- Always refer to the job posting to determine if additional materials are required in order to qualify. It is common for university departments to require a Letter of Interest in addition to a Resume and 3 References.
- There are two ways to complete this. Either multi-select the files to be attached at the first upload, or continue to click the Upload button after each file is uploaded.
- Applicants will not be able to upload additional files after their application is submitted.
- Application Questions > All application questions must be answered in order to proceed
- Review > Verify application information prior to submitting
- Congratulations >Applicant will get a message when successfully completed, click OK
- Update Personal Information > Applicant receives prompt to enter date of birth.
- Note: Recruiters do not see this information. It is only used for applicant record management.
- Once date of birth is submitted, confirmation message appears, click OK
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation
If you need an ADA accommodation to complete the application process, contact the Office for Inclusion and Equity at 512-471-1849 or the Human Resource Service Center at 512-471-4772 or 1-800-687-4178.
To be considered for a specific job vacancy, you must:
- Meet all of the required qualifications for the position
- Be able to perform all of the functions, with or without an accommodation, and
- Be willing and able to work under the conditions described
A qualified applicant with a disability who wishes to request reasonable accommodation for a specific position may contact the Human Resource Service Center for further information and assistance.