You and your manager should work together throughout the year to manage your performance and professional development. Here are some tools to help you.
- Overview - A brief look at how performance management works
- What Should Expectations Look Like? (PDF) - Understand the specifics involved in creating an expectation for yourself.
- Motivation Survey (PDF) - Identify what motivates you in your job performance.
- Tips for Receiving Feedback (PDF) - Receive and respond to feedback in an appropriate and professional manner.
- How to Prepare for a Difficult Conversation - This tool will help you prepare for and initiate a difficult conversation.
- Employee Self-Appraisal (PDF) - Highlight your strengths, identify possible areas for improvement, identify ways you contribute to enhancing your job responsibilities, and identify your training needs.