This checklist is to be used as a comprehensive guideline for separating from The University of Texas at Austin. It is intended to provide you with resources, links and points of contact to complete this process.
Please contact your department HR representative or your supervisor with any questions. Additional departmental steps may be necessary before separation.
*Follow only those items that apply.
- Submit a Letter of Resignation/Retirement
- Timesheets - Make sure all your timesheets are up to date in Workday.
- Update Employee Information in Workday - Verify that your address, e-mail and phone number are up to date.
- COBRA Insurance - You will receive a COBRA Election Notice and Application from UT Benefits Billing after your insurance ends.
- What happens to your accrued leave
- Transferring to another institution of higher education or state agency - Please ensure that you forward that agency's state transfer form to HRSC.
- Recreation Sports Membership - Check into a refund for pre-paid membership here.
Last Day (Return Items)
- Keys - This includes your desk, file cabinet, office, building and vehicle keys.
- Access Cards
- Tools and Equipment
- Identification Card
- Long Distance Card
- Mobile Devices
- University Records
- Departmental Parking Tags/Cards
- Credit Cards
- Pro Card
- Business Cards