You can turn to Strategic Workforce Solutions (SWS) for consultation if you’d like advice about a difficult work situation, or if you simply have questions about performance evaluations, university policies or procedures. SWS offers the following services.
Consultation and Coaching
SWS functions on an informal basis and is here to help you with the following services:
- Answering questions or providing clarification on policies and procedures
- Reviewing drafts and giving feedback on documents, such as rebuttals
- Meeting privately with you to discuss workplace concerns
- Listening, and identifying and re-framing issues
- Sharing experience, knowledge, and expertise
- Gathering information
- Developing a range of responsible options
- Clarifying available university resources
- Encouraging best practices
- Offering informal third-party interventions
- Helping develop new ways to solve problems
How to Request Consultation and Coaching Services
Consultations and coaching sessions are generally scheduled for an hour, in which you meet privately with an SWS representative. Depending on the nature of your concern, you may meet with SWS just once or schedule a series of meetings. To schedule a consultation, contact your SWS representative or call the SWS main number at 512-471-HRSC (4772).
Policy Discussion Groups and Other Services
SWS provides relevant and interesting roundtable discussions and training sessions that increase your understanding of policies and enhance the quality of your work environment at the university. You can check online to see if there are any upcoming work / life events and training sessions that may interest you.
SWS also periodically schedules policy-discussion groups for non-supervisory employees, in which two policies are generally covered during each one-hour meeting. Prior to the scheduled discussion, employees are encouraged to identify questions and make note of policies of interest. Call SWS at 512-471-HRSC (4772) to find out if there are any scheduled policy-discussion groups coming up.