Strategic Workforce Solutions
The mission of central Human Resources’ Strategic Workforce Solutions (SWS) unit is to consult with staff in colleges, schools, and administrative units regarding performance management, conflict resolution, flexible workplace and staffing strategies, employee morale and satisfaction, and departmental effectiveness.
SWS functions on an informal basis and is available to assist with the following:
Round Table Discussions
Reviewing and giving feedback on documentation
Reorganizations and layoffs
Informal conflict resolution
- We strive to help clients help themselves;
- We provide options about how to approach problems;
- We encourage parties to discuss with each other their concerns and if necessary to bring the matter to the attention of the chain of command and/or their internal HR representatives;
- We help departments by discovering all the facts surrounding an issue—digging deeper;
- We remain objective and try to provide best practices, realistic options, and ideas to help clients reach the best decision for themselves and the university.
How to Request a Consultation:
To schedule a consultation, contact your SWS HR consultant or call the SWS main number at 512-475-7200.
To determine your SWS HR consultant, please visit Find your HR Representative.