New Employee Welcome and Orientation, hosted by Human Resources (HR), provides your new employees with a comprehensive introduction to employment and benefits at The University of Texas at Austin. We encourage you to assist your new employees with the New Employee Checklist.
Recorded NEWO Session
Currently, classroom sessions of NEWO are held only once a month. For a more convenient option, direct your new employees to the recorded New Employee Orientation:
- Go to UTLearn
- Click “Login to UTLearn” (upper left)
- Login using your UT EID and password
- In the search bar (top right corner) enter “NEWO”
- Select “PN 1000 - New Employee Welcome and Orientation (NEWO)”
- Launch the module to begin orientation.
Finalize your new employee's assignment
- In order for your new employees to fully benefit from the New Employee Welcome and Orientation session, please verify that their assignment is in “Active” status.
- In order to remain compliant with the federal law, the I-9 form must be completed within the first 3 days of employment.
- The employee must upgrade their UT EID to High Assurance, this is granted by the ID Center. Employees can complete this process online using the ID Center's self service options, or they may visit the ID center in person.
- The ID Center is available remotely from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday and onsite at the Flawn Academic Center (FAC 30) Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- The best method to contact the ID Center is by email or by phone at 512-475-9400.
- The employee must have access to a mobile device with DUO installed to access UT Learn for the recorded NEWO Session.