Post a Position
The first part of the hiring process for benefits-eligible positions is recruiting and attracting a pool of job applicants from which to choose. To do this, you need to create a job requisition and post your job opening.
How to Post a Position
In order to post a job opening for benefits-eligible positions, you must get all new and existing job requisitions approved by Strategic Workforce Solutions. Take the following steps to get approval and post the position:
Log in to Workday -- EID and DUO required. Additional information on navigating Workday is located in the Workday Training website.
As you create the job posting, refer to the university's classification guidelines about job descriptions and pay ranges.
If you need Workday assistance, contact Workday Help & Support.
Positions posted through Workday are also automatically posted to latinojobs.org, africanamericanhires.com, veteranjobs.net, allhispanicjobs.com, alllgbtjobs.com, asianhires.com, wehirewomen.com, allbilingualjobs.com, overfiftyjobs.com, nativejobs.org, disabilityjobs.net, blackcareers.org.
Posting Student Positions
You can post work-study and other types of student positions online through the Office of Financial Aid Work Program and HireUTexas. You may also post your student positions through Workday.
How to Create and Manage Questionnaires
To ask your job applicants screening or qualifying questions, you will need to create a Secondary Questionnaire and attach it to your job requisition before you reach the post job step. Refer to the Workday Instructional Guide, Create and Manage Questionnaires, for step by step instructions. These job-specific screening questions are presented to job applicants as they submit their job application and must be answered in order to proceed.
As you create Secondary Questionnaires follow this naming practice so that your questionnaire will be easy to identify within the database the next time you wish to use it.
Department Name – Position Title – Specific Skill Focus (if applicable)
Human Resources – Administrative Assistant – Microsoft Office
The Secondary Questionnaire allows you to present questions in a number of different formats, such as single select, multi-select, and text.
Questions must be job related and specifically tie back to the posted Required and/or Preferred Qualifications as well as the Responsibilities. To assist with screening, create questions that will help you determine if the job applicant possesses the desired skills and experience needed to be successful in the position.
How to Advertise a Position
Human Resources has partnered with Graystone Group Advertising to simplify this process. Graystone Group Advertising will work with you to design an ad and manage space to ensure the maximum value of your recruitment budget. When you request a print quote, it is returned in an approved design template so you see the ad exactly as it will appear. Deadlines and cost are included with all quotes.
Checklist for submission of position advertisements
Complete the online Ad Submission form
- You will need to provide the following information
- Primary contact information
- Department billing information
- Recruitment information
- Specify purpose of your quote request
- Display ad with logo
- In-column line ad – text only
- Web posting
- List the desired publications/websites and dates ad should run in the "Instructions" field. For example:
- Oct 11th - NY Times;
- Next available issue of The Chronicle of Higher Ed;
- 60 days on Monster.com
- Provide text for advertisement in the "Ad Copy” field
Subsequent steps and processes
- Graystone Group Advertising will receive your request and contact you.
- Display ads are graphically enhanced and e-mailed back with costs for changes and/or additions. Unless indicated otherwise, display ads will not be released without approval.
- Line ads are placed directly with the publication; estimated costs are available prior to release.
- At all times, Graystone Group Advertising personnel are available to discuss media, selection, timing, costs, etc.
- Payments for ad publications will be made on behalf of the university.
Robert G. Sheftic, Senior Vice President, Graystone Group
Phone: 800-544-0005 x300
Graystone Group Advertising
Because of compliance requirements, external advertising using print, electronic media and/or internet postings must be approved in advance by Human Resources (Refer to HOP 5.1010). Compliance is simple when advertisements contain these specific elements:
- Must indicate name of university
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Job Requisition number
- Example: "Go- to https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UTstaff for complete description and to apply for job requisition number ____________."
- Must indicate that the position is security sensitive
- Security sensitive, or
- Security sensitive position, or
- Security sensitive; conviction verification conducted on applicant selected.
- Must include equal opportunity statement
- EEO/AA, or
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, or
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity
- Review ad against official job posting:
- Job specifications in the external ad should not disagree or conflict with the wording in the official UT Austin job posting. This is especially important of essential functions, required and preferred qualifications, salary notations, etc.