Current UTemps Employee
Already a UTemp? This section will answer your questions from parking to payroll.
Welcome to UTemps, the temporary placement service of the University of Texas at Austin. We’re pleased to have you on our team of on-call workers providing the best in temporary services to the university. The following information will be helpful in understanding your role as a UTemp.
1. Required Compliance Training
- Compliance training must be completed before you start your first assignment and must be completed every two years.
- Your UTemp coordinator will instruct you when to complete the following compliance training modules:
- CW 101 Introduction to UT Compliance Program
- CW 121 Sexual Harassment
- CW 123 EEO
- CW 170 IT Security Awareness
The sexual harassment and EEO modules are mandated by the state and the remaining modules are required by the university.
These modules are good for two years. When you’ve completed the modules, you must notify the UTemps office by e-mail.
2. Paycheck Profile Information
This must be completed to receive your paycheck
- Check distribution-currently there are two ways to receive your UTemp payroll check:
- Direct deposit (recommended)—You’ll need your bank account information to complete this option.
- Pick up in person—Your check will be available on the check release date (see Timesheet/Payday Schedule) in the Main building, payroll office, room 134. Their office hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Be sure to have a picture ID with you.
Follow the steps below to complete your paycheck profile
- Log on to “My Paycheck Profile” using your EID and password.
- Complete the following:
- My Paycheck Profile
- My Personal Data
- My Withholding
- My Employee Addresses—Under campus address, enter J5600 as the campus mail code. You don’t need to enter a building name or room number.
- My Paycheck Distribution—You can choose to have your “Electronic Earnings Statement” sent to you via e-mail.
- My Bank Info—If you choose for your paycheck to be distributed by direct deposit (recommended), you’ll need your bank account information to complete this option.
Toopher Security Enhancements
The University of Texas at Austin has implemented Toopher, a two-factor authentication tool as a way to provide added security for certain UT Direct online services. My W-2 and My Paycheck Distribution/Bank Info-Payroll now require the use of Toopher in order to protect employees’ sensitive payroll data. To log in to these pages, users must enter their UT EID and password, and have access to a mobile phone with text messaging/SMS capability, or a smartphone or tablet using the Toopher App to authenticate their identity.
Information about setting up two-factor authentication is available on the ITS website and the ITS Help Desk can be contacted with questions related to this. Basic instructions for accessing the payroll webpages using Toopher are also available online.
For employees who cannot use Toopher, alternate processes will continue to be available:
Set up or change your paycheck distribution or bank info by completing a Payroll Services Employee Information (PSEI) form.
- Checks are distributed approximately the fifth workday following the close of the pay period. Your check will be distributed according to the instructions you made on your “Paycheck Profile.”
- Direct your questions about UTemps payroll checks to the UTemps office, not payroll services.
3. Acknowledge the Ethics Statement:
- Read and acknowledge the Standards of Conduct and Political Activities online (EID required).
4. UT System Worker’s Compensation Insurance Health Care Network Notification:
- Read and acknowledge the Worker’s Compensation Network Acknowledgement Form online (EID required).
5. Selective Service Eligibility:
- If you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25, complete the Selective Service Eligibility and Verification online. For more information, see the Selective Service Registration Frequently Asked Questions page.
6. Employee Information:
Placement on UTemp assignments depends on your availability. In order to let the UTemps office know that you’re available, you need to email each week on Monday to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in the email, your full name, EID and phone number. If you’re available for part-time work, either mornings or afternoons, please be sure to indicate that in the email.
This will put you on our list of active and available UTemps. The UTemps office will contact you by phone and/or email when you’re selected for a temporary position.
Keep us informed
We need to be able to reach you during regular working hours in order to improve your opportunities for an assignment. If your phone number and/or email changes for any reason or for any length of time, please contact us immediately. If you become unable to work for UTemps, you’re hired within the university in a non-temporary capacity or found permanent employment elsewhere, please notify us as well.
If your status on your temp assignment changes, in particular your projected ending date, you must inform the UTemps Office immediately.
For questions, please e-mail us.
As a UTemp, you are eligible to purchase a UT “A” parking permit. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you’re guaranteed parking. But it does allow you to park on any surface lot on campus marked “A” OR parking marked as available to any valid university permit. A map is available online showing those areas where you’re allowed to park with an “A” permit.
How Can I Get The Parking Permit?
A UTemp that has an active/current assignment is now able to purchase an “A” permit, as needed.
If the UTemp does not have an active/current assignment, a fax authorization request will be sent from our office to the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) main office at the Trinity Garage authorizing the purchase, OR, it will be emailed to the UTemp’s email address on file. Every time you’re offered and accept a UTemp assignment, you will be asked if you want to purchase a parking permit. If you need one, you can obtain one from any of the following garages listed below (garages are open and staffed from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M/F, except the Conference Center which is open 24 hours a day):
- Trinity (PTS main office) - 1815 Trinity Street – located on the corner of MLK and Trinity
- Brazos – 210 E. MLK Blvd. – located between MLK and Jester Circle
- Speedway – 105 E. 27th Street – located on the corner of 27th and Speedway
- Manor – 2017 Robert Dedman – located on the Robert Dedman Drive, directly across the street form Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
- Conference Center – 1900 University Ave. – located on the corner of West 20th Street and University Ave. beneath the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center - This garage it’s staffed 24 hours
Go to the cashier’s window and identify yourself as a UTemp and that you wish to purchase a temporary parking permit. They accept, cash, personal checks, and major credit cards. FYI – be sure you know your license plate number. You will be asked for this information. The cost is $13.00 a month. Temporary “A” permits are sold in monthly increments.
What Do I Do When My Permit Is Set To Expire?
A few work days PRIOR to your current parking permit is due to expire, you are responsible to obtain another one. You will need to renew it by going to the garage that is most convenient to you and purchase a new one. Please ensure that you have an active/current assignment, if you are not sure, you may email or call our office (512-232-8367) to verify, or have the permit authorization request with you before proceeding to the PTS office or garage.
The University Police Department will issue parking tickets for expired permits and/or if you are not parked in the correct parking lot (must be an “A” parking lot). It is up to YOU to stay up on the expiration date.
Location of the Main PTS Office?
The PTS office is located on the corner of MLK and Trinity. It’s the Parking Garage – TRG (Trinity). You’ll enter on the Trinity side (this is a One Way street) that can be entered from 15th Street. The office is on the first floor of the garage. See map for additional directions. www.utexas.edu/parking/fs/
You must complete a timesheet at the end of each week. You will be paid semi-monthly. The two semi-monthly pay periods are from the first of a calendar month through the fifteenth, and from the sixteenth through the last day of the month. You must submit your timesheets to the UTemps office no later than the first workday following the close of a pay period.
You’re responsible for ensuring that your timesheets are submitted no later than the date specified in the table below. Timesheets arriving after the due date cannot be processed until the next payroll.
Access your electronic hourly timesheet report home page at:
- You will be required to log in using your UTEID/Password.
- Select the specific week (the start of the week is from Monday to Sunday).
- Enter hours worked and notes as needed.
- Select “Save and send to signer”, then “Submit Request”.
|Month/Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Check Release Date (Payday)|
|September 1-15||Wednesday, Sept 16||Tuesday, Sept 22|
|September 16-30||Thursday, Oct 1||Wednesday, Oct 7|
|October 1-15||Friday, Oct 16||Thursday, Oct 22|
|October 16-31||Monday, Nov 2||Friday, Nov 6|
|November 1-15||Monday, Nov 16||Friday, Nov 20|
|November 16-30||Tuesday, Dec 1||Monday, Dec 7|
|December 1-15||Wednesday, Dec 16 **DUE BY 1PM**||Monday, Dec 21|
|December 16-31||Monday, Jan 4||Friday, Jan 8|
|January 1-15||Tuesday, Jan 19 **DUE BY 1PM**||Friday, Jan 22|
|January 16-31||Monday, Feb 1||Friday, Feb 5|
|February 1-15||Tuesday, Feb 16||Monday, Feb 22|
|February 16-28||Tuesday, Mar 1||Monday, Mar 7|
|March 1-15||Wednesday, Mar 16||Tuesday, Mar 22|
|March 16-31||Friday, Apr 1||Thursday, Apr 7|
|April 1-15||Monday, Apr 18||Friday, Apr 22|
|April 16-30||Monday, May 2||Friday, May 6|
|May 1-15||Monday, May 16||Friday, May 20|
|May 16-31||Wednesday, Jun 1||Tuesday, Jun 7|
|June 1-15||Thursday, Jun 16||Wednesday, Jun 22|
|June 16-30||Friday, Jul 1||Friday, Jul 8|
|July 1-15||Monday, Jul 18||Friday, Jul 22|
|July 16-31||Monday, Aug 1||Friday, Aug 5|
|August 1-15||Tuesday, Aug 16||Monday, Aug 22|
|August 16-31||Thursday, Sep 1 **DUE BY 1PM**||Wednesday, Sep 7|
|Month/Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Check Release Date (Payday)|
|September 1-15||Friday, Sept 16||Thurssday, Sept 22|
|September 16-30||Monday, Oct 3||Friday, Oct 7|
**Only on these dates** Your timesheet MUST be submitted NO LATER THAN 1 P.M.
It is the objective of UTemps to place highly qualified individuals into temporary assignments. To assess work performance and suitability for future assignments, an evaluation form is sent to the departmental supervisor. This evaluation will be kept for reference to determine qualifications for future assignments.
UTemps are eligible for the following:
Staff “A” parking permit, jury duty, time off to vote, military leave (without pay), unemployment compensation insurance and overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week with prior approval (at time and one-half).
UTemps are not eligible for the university’s group insurance, promotion/transfer programs, holiday pay, and sick leave, paid vacation or other regular employee benefits.